Tuesday, June 06, 2006

WEST TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS!!!

ENCOURAGING!!
That is how I would describe this week. We have approximately 200 volunteers from 13 congregations in the West Tennesee area. They are an amazing group and are really working for the LORD. The congregations represented are: Clarksburg, Huntingdon, West Dyersburg, McKenzie, Maple Hill, Troy, Campbell St., Estes, Main St., Sitka and Starkville.
Below are some comments from a couple of the volunteers. We will feature more in the coming days.

I saw Jesus in a friend being willing to take the last shower of the group after being one of the hardest workers......Jeffrey -- Starkville, Ms.

We arrived at our worksite, Ralph P. home, we were talking to him. He said we probably could not do much work he had been trying to get a electrician for 10 mths. We told him we had an electrician with us. He started to cry, that was worth my trip. I had to walk away to keep from losing it. I saw Jesus at work today with these kids...annonymous

This little boy came and he studied us for a while, while we were having our devotional and while we were singing. Then he just wanted to work with us. He didn't want to leave! At first when I started I was tired & didn't want to work & when the boy came I was like if he can work & he is way smaller than me, then so can I! It was neat.......Jennifer -- Martin, TN.

Watch for more of these wonderful comments.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Lorie,
It was a joy to work with all of you as well!! You're entire group was AWESOME!!!!! We invite you all to work with us anytime!!