Friday, January 09, 2009

Christmas, Colorado, Texas, Washington and Stuff

I've gotten way behind on this blog so I have a lot to get caught up on. :)

I've spent this week in Colorado Springs with many youth ministers and their wives. I had a booth set up to raise awareness of DRT and the need for volunteers as well as funding. I've had the opportunity to meet many wonderful brothers and sisters who were here to learn and spend some time in fellowship. They were here because they are commited to training our youth teaching them what our Lord wants for them in their lives. It was also great seeing many friends I've met along the way in our journeys through disasters as well as a couple friends from "back home" (Daniel and Jason) :) who have now moved on to other areas. I've also had the opportunity to listen to many thought provoking keynote speakers. This has been a week that has blessed me in so many ways and I'm thankful to God for allowing me to be here.
And let me add the ribbing wasn't even "too" bad when "THE" O.S.U. lost the Fiesta Bowl. :)

Tomorrow I fly back to Bridge City for a few days where everyone is hard at work. A few changes are taking place as the relief effort evolves as it always does. Friday will be our last day of serving meals to the community. That is a good thing. :) We feel the community is "on their feet" enough to prepare their food in their homes (FEMA trailers) now. However we are still distributing supplies which include food boxes, cleaning items, personal care, clothing, etc. We will be evaluating this in the near future as well. Many of you have been coming in and volunteering! We appreciate you so much. Without YOU this effort would not be possible. There are still been houses that have recently been gutted but mostly we are in the rebuilding stage. Mainly sheetrock and insulation are being installed right now.

THANK YOU....THANK YOU......THANK YOU......to all of you who helped with the Children's Christmas Wish Lists. They were ALL fulfilled and delivered in time for the parents to put under the tree before Christmas!! You made many parents and children extremely thankful and very happy!

Next, I will be heading to Arlington, TX to set up a booth at Winterfest Jan. 16-18. If you'll be there, be sure to stop by and say hello!

I'm also keeping an eye on the flooding in Washington State. I'll update as I have more information on that.

No comments: