Tuesday, May 05, 2009

CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME.......

You know.....there are always things in life that can get us down if we let them. I know....I've had my share and happen to be experiencing one of them right this very moment. If you're interested in the gory details, feel free to read my facebook page for the "hour by hour" experience of our travels to Malibu this week! Satan was working overtime and I was determined to not let him stop me. Meanwhile detailing our experiences on facebook by way of song lyrics. It was helping me stay "fairly" (for me) ;-) cool, calm and collected, I do believe I was annoying Mark and Ashley, being 14.. just kept saying ...."Mooommm" letting me know what an embarrassment I am.....even though of course I'm not and I keep telling her how "cool" I am. Of course I probably just blew it right there.....I don't think "cool" is the word being used right now......What's a cool mom to do?!?! I have managed to keep our 1 and 3 yr. old granchildren that we brought with us entertained!! "They" think I'm a Cool Nana! :-) Which says I'm on a 1 and 3 yr. old level.....what can I say? It's a great level to be on :-)
Anyway......we've arrived in California in almost 1 piece.... albeit a day late......and I'm the one bringing the DRT display. But it'll be ok ........we made it, we've got the display, Sid is here waiting on me....our class is set and we can't wait to share the many wonderful ways in which GOD is working in this ministry!!

We feel so blessed that Pepperdine asked us to speak this year at the lectureship.

Sid Smith and I will be speaking on Friday at 8:30 - 9:30 am in the Irvine Room in the Payson Library- Upstairs on the 2nd floor.

Sid Smith is our full time cook/evangelist who is supported by Churches of Christ across the U.S. to work with DRT. He has an amazing story himself of how he came to work with DRT as well as wonderful heart warming stories by those whose lives have been touched by the many people GOD uses through disaster relief. I've asked him to share some of this during our class time on Friday.

Our Class Title is: Disaster Relief: A report from the front lines.
The class will be on: Who are the Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team (DRT)?, A report from the front lines, What goes on "behind the scenes", What is needed and How YOU can Help from Near or Far, and.......How you can start a Local Response Team in your own community.

See You There!!
.

No comments: