Thursday, May 31, 2007

PROGRESSION IN GREENSBURG

Things are progressing here in Greensburg. Some think it's quicker than expected.... others think not so much. Dealing with city issues after a disaster are always the same in some respects no matter which city we're in. Things change from day to day keeping homeowners on edge not knowing for sure what is going on or what to do next. Meetings after meetings take place. But things will come together as they always do. Unfortunately it's just one more stressful situation for the community.

I pray that as those of us that are working with the community of Greensburg can bring just a little bit of hope to those that have been through so much since May 4.

My favorite part of working with DRT is spending time with the community as they come in to eat with us at the kitchen and talking with them. They have the need to share their stories and I have the desire to know their story. I want so much to just reach into them and take all the pain away. I also know that many times going through some of this pain can make us grow so I listen, I hug and I pray....I pray that each one of them will reach out to GOD as they go through this time. I can't imagine going through something like this and not having GOD in my life. Those without HIM must feel so empty. Please join us in praying for those that we've been working with here in Greensburg.

Well....it seems to be a normal thing for Kansas, but once again we have severe weather predicted for tonight. We had it last week also and had to make a 1:30 am trip to the ministers house to go to the basement during a tornado warning (nice of him to invite us to a party in the middle of the night, huh?). Sure hope we don't have to do that again tonight.....sure makes for a rough day the next day.
I think I'm starting to feel my age as we spend 14-16 hours everyday working here in Greensburg. Even though my kids think I'm "ancient" ...... I'm really not!! :) Just a little tired right now, but nothing that a good night's sleep won't cure. HOPEFULLY! :)

No comments: