Monday, June 30, 2008

TALK ABOUT A GOD THING.........

Talk about a "GOD" thing....have I got stories for you!...........
First let me say that GOD is truly blessing this ministry. Without GOD none of this would be possible. It is so awesome to stand right here and see GOD work!

CASE #1

Last week I checked to see what items were needed in Cedar Rapids (as you remember, I'm still in Ohio helping my mother who has a recurrence of breast cancer) well anyway........they said they were going to be needing cleaning supplies, especially bleach. I hadn't yet put the word out about that need whenI received a call from a newspaper in Fort Dodge, IA. Her name was Regina and she said that they wanted to put a semi out in front of a store to allow the customers to donate items that we needed. "What do you need most", she asked........hmmmm let me think...CLEANING SUPPLIES AND BLEACH!! Well, this morning I received a call about 9:30 am from the semi driver that he was a block away with a semi load of cleaning supplies, etc. YEP......a "GOD" thing!! Of course, He took care of that need.

CASE #2

Saturday Mark called me. "Just checking on the funding", he said. "We are in need of more generators to run the fans and dehumidifiers in these houses" .......I checked on things (funding is still low) and we agreed that if he could get a good sized discount for purchasing 3-4 generators that he should go ahead. WELL..........about 1/2 an hour later in walks a man with a semi........He is with Harbour Contractors Inc. out of Plainville, IL. He tells how he had a semi load of new, ("very good quality", Mark tells me in a SUPER EXCITED tone of voice.) tools (generators, power sprayers, etc.) He said before he left home he and his brother prayed to GOD to direct them to the right organization to donate these tools to. He first stopped at FEMA, they said they couldn't accept them......his next stop was Red Cross who said they couldn't accept them but that we were accepting donations and sent him to us. YEP, $40,000 - $50,000 worth of tools donated and just the items we needed. Don't tell me that's not a "GOD" thing!! We are thankful to and praising our LORD!!

CASE #3

I talked to Mark today. (imagine that!) :) He was telling about a need that they had today for baby items and how (Dawn - from the church in Cedar Rapids) had just received a call from a lady that wanted to donate money but she really wanted it to go for........you guessed it.........INFANT ITEMS!! Another "GOD" thing you ask?!?!?
I BELIEVE SO!!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! PRAISE GOD for providing what is needed.

I'm sure I'll have many more to tell you about, these were just the ones in the last couple of days! :) I'm sure there's more that I don't even know about.
GOD IS GOOD!


Below are pics of some of the DRT volunteers in Cedar Rapids, IA.

SHIRLEY CARD - SIDNEY, OHIO-(MID-COUNTY CHURCH OF CHRIST-TROY, OHIO) -WORKING IN CEDAR RAPIDS


VOLUNTEERS IN CEDAR RAPIDS, IA

CEDAR RAPIDS, IA. MORE VOLUNTEERS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Case #2 - Correction to the town name. Should be PLAINFIELD, IL.

God Bless Harbour Contractors for their donation of Commerical Grade: Power Washers, Generators & Hoses.