Friday, November 14, 2008

DISASTER RELIEF IN BRIDGE CITY GOING STRONG

Well.....I've made it back to Bridge City, Texas after spending 5 days in chilly Ohio spending time with my mother, kids and grandbabies :) My mom is doing great following her radiation treatment for her 3rd bout of breast cancer. The first being 30 years ago. I appreciate all the concern and prayers from so many of you!! My kids are as great as ever and my grandchildren.....well......what can I say......they're just perfect!! If you have grandchildren, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I have 6 of 'em all aged 6 and under what fun it is!!

OK.....enough about me ;)

Things have been very busy here at the COC center in Bridge City. Many are coming in for supplies daily, hundreds of meals are being served daily (between 600 - 800 daily) volunteers are working gutting out houses as well as putting up sheetrock in houses that have already been gutted and dried out.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I plan to head to Galveston to check on things there as well as head over to the beach for a little while. I hope to take some time to sit and watch the waves and to focus and just sit and reflect.
I will also be heading to Galveston Island to check on the situation there and to look up a brother of a church member.

Please continue to keep all those affected by this storm in your prayers as well as considering a trip to volunteer. VOLUNTEERS and PRAYERS are desperately needed!!

No comments: