Tuesday, August 15, 2006

REFLECTIONS

This is a picture of our first response tool trailer.
We are in need of a driver to bring it from North Alabama to Ohio. If you are able or know of someone, please contact Mark at 937-308-0035.

Mark, Ashley and I are on our way back to Ohio for some rest and to welcome our 5th grandchild into this world. Although all the traveling that we need to do can become quite tiresome, it also allows me to sit back and reflect on the many blessings God has given me, the truly wonderful brothers and sisters I have met through DRT, the amazing work that has been accomplished through GOD by the DRT team, and the excitement I have about the work that is taking place now and will continue in the future through the follow up work with Bible Studies, Baptisms, and classes for new Christians. The traveling also gives me time to be reminded of my own shortcomings, my tendancy to be impatient, I'm reminded that I don't pray near as much as I wish I did or know I should, nor do I take the time to read my Bible as much as I wish I did or know I should. Not to mention all my other shortcomings....there just isn't enough space here :) I'm sure you know what I mean though, we all have shortcomings and we all have things we want and need to work on. Let's all make it our goal today to work on these things that will bring us closer to our LORD and in turn will bring others closer to HIM as well.

CREEKWOOD CHURCH OF CHRIST.........We can't say enough about this wonderful congregation!!! They opened their doors to DRT for almost an entire year!! They have been an awesome congregation to work with and we appreciate them so much!! AND....we're not just saying that because they took us out for a wonderful dinner and gave us a yummy gourmet gift basket either Brows Although we really did appreciate it!! We have now given Creekwood their building back to them, even though as we know Creekwood they will continue to use their building to serve the Lord, it won't just sit there.

BAYOU LA BATRE
We have moved several of our tool trailers and RV's to Bayou La Batre to work with the new church there. Our DRT evangelist (Don Hudson) and his wonderful wife Rosemary is there preaching and doing Bible Studies as well as following up with people who DRT members have previously helped. Our coordinators (Steve and Stacy Baxter) are there to help take care of volunteers as well as working with Don and Rosemary. The Cox Blvd. Church of Christ, Sheffield, AL. will also be sending teams down to do evangelistic follow up.

ARE VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED???? YES

We need volunteers for: drywall
painting
Framing
Evangelistic Teams

WE ARE IN NEED OF A SEMI DRIVER WITH A TRACTOR THAT CAN BRING OUR SEMI TRAILER FROM NORTHERN ALABAMA TO OHIO. IF YOU CAN DO THIS OR KNOW OF SOMEONE, PLEASE CONTACT MARK. 937-308-0035






1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Ron,
It's great to hear from you!!
We hope you don't NEED us either :)
we'd much rather just come and visit!! :)
Tell everyone at Central we said hello!