Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The harvest is ripe, but the laborers are few...

Being a servant....what does that really mean? This trip has really made me think of where my focus in life is. Just when I think I am focused, God puts me in my place and shows me just what life is about and what I overlook and take for granted and the people and oportunities I don't pay attention to or take advantage of. All people are searching for Truth. It's a Christian's responsibility to show them Truth. The Disaster Relief program has really opened a lot of doors for people here in the community, and given them a positive outlook on who the Church is. I thank God for these people here that work so hard for others. They are true servants. Marge, Laura, Mark, and Mike. What a positive Christian example of servants they are. They are my hero's, and when I grow up I wanna be just like them.
If you have the opportunity to work in any way possible with this relief effort, I strongly suggest it to everyone. It has not only encouraged and helped the community, but also strengthened and unified our group that came from Freed. We didn't all know each other for the most part when we came, but through our time and experiences over the last few days with people, it has given us courage to step out of our comfort zone and become friends. These are people we may or may not would have talked to at school when we saw them at all. ....it's weird how God works..
well...this is a pretty stinkin' long post. I think I will stop now.

This Thanksgiving, and everyday I have so many things to be thankful about.
Remember why you are here.
Carpe Diem.

Luke 10:2; James 4:13-15


--Bethany Odom :)






Counters
lasik surgery

No comments: