Friday, September 26, 2008

THE PLACES GOD SENDS ME

This has been one amazing week.....to tell you the truth, I don't even know where to begin.

I have met the most wonderful people the past two weeks in these few Texas towns we've been in. I look at the people here with admiration....from those here in Bridge City who have lost everything they own......yet they have so much strength........so much appreciation for everything they receive.........whether it's a hug, a meal, or volunteers mucking out their houses..........to the ones from the Ridgewood congregation in Beaumont who are putting in so many hours helping those in Beaumont as well as driving to Bridge City and putting in just as many hours helping here. I just want you to know I love you and admire you!

Well......I told you I didn't know where to start ;) This is kind of jumbled and not quite in order.
(speaking of jumbled, I have no idea what happened to the post below this with the funky lettering) I think you have to be computer literate to post blogs-- which I'm not--just in case you haven't noticed ;)

Ok, I'll try to focus....here goes. :)

As you can tell by my rambling above, we have moved from the Ridgewood congregation in Beaumont where we were serving food and had volunteers going out and cutting trees, etc. to the Bridge City area. This town was completely under water. They basically have no help here at all. They are in desperate and urgent need of assistance! They have no flood insurance, those that thought they did are finding in the small print of the ammendments that it didn't include any type of surge, wind driven rain, rain on the ground, rain from the sky, rain coming sideways, well......you get the idea. They are coming in with tears in their eyes not knowing what they are going to do. I'm talking about those that you might normally expect to need help all the way up to city officials. This is a small town of about 10,000 and they were just not at all prepared for this. Wind damage maybe but not the flooding.

Sid, one of our cooks that really rocks, was telling me a story today about a lady that came up to him to ask how much the meal was. He told her it was free, she said, "no really, how much is it", he said, "really, it's free" she said, "you're coming in here to our community and cooking all this food for us and it's free?" Sid said, "yes" She said, "now I've seen the LORD".

I say....PRAISE GOD!!!

Everyone is here working together. Tonight our refrigerated trailer quit on us. Even the mayor came out and was helping us work on it. Praise GOD it's up and running again. (I'll tell you about that tomorrow)

I have so many more stories to tell you, but right now I just really want you to experience it for yourself. Not only that but We Really NEED YOU!!!! THE PEOPLE IN BRIDGE CITY NEED YOU!!!
PLEASE COME VOLUNTEER WITH US!

LET'S HELP BRIDGE CITY AND SHOW THE LOVE OF JESUS!

2 comments:

Buddy Gray said...

I can't wait to get there! Our team is starting to take shape. I hope we can bring a dozen or more indivivuals to help. See you on the 17th of October.

Buddy Gray

Laura said...

We can't wait for you to get here either Buddy!~ If your team is anything like you, it's gonna be an AWESOME 10 days working for the LORD!