Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Is It Just Me Or Do You Struggle Too?

Have you ever had so many things happen in your life at once that you wonder if GOD has forgotten His promise to never leave us? I imagine most of us have experienced this at one time or another. I won't go into details about my life recently but I've been experiencing this very feeling. It's not easy to admit it but I've doubted GOD about his ability to handle the situations in my life....I try to handle everything myself... I really don't know why, I'm absolutely no good at it. Why is it that I turn things over to GOD "after" all of my attempts at trying to fix things don't work? I have a theory... Sometimes.....Maybe ... Just maybe... I'm afraid He won't allow things to turn out the way "I" want them. I don't think this is the case with every instance.....many times I believe we just do it subconsciously... but I do believe it happens often... at least for me.

I recently read the following: When you get Jesus, you plug into the plan you were made for; you get Heavens direction for your decisions; you get inexhaustable, "unloseable" love; you get God's grace to help you weather every crisis; you have someone who's bigger than every challenge that's bigger than you are.

Let's help each other to remember that He is able to do exceedingly more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us. Eph. 3:20

*************************************************************************
DRT is at work preparing for upcoming disasters as well as continuing to work on the Haiti disaster and now assessing the flooding in the Edmond/Oklahoma City areas.
We've had several volunteers working tirelessly here at the Ohio DRT Property. We are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Clovis, New Mexico youth group this Saturday! They also came to help us organize/clean trailers, etc. last year. We are so blessed to have them as part of the team. They are so willing to do whatever is needed.

Please keep those affected by the flooding in Oklahoma in your prayers as well as those ministering to them through disaster relief. 90% of those affected are without insurance. Funding is needed as well as volunteers. You can register on the website to volunteer.
We will provide more details as soon as the DRT assessors have met with the leaders in Edmond, Ok. this week.

Until then, Shine Jesus Shine

No comments: