Thursday, September 29, 2005

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD

It's been brought to my attention that there may be a misunderstanding about our leaving for Louisiana and Texas. Mark and I will be going to the areas affected by Hurricane Rita the beginning of the week however, there will be others in charge here in Mobile while we are gone and the work here will continue. Part of our responsibilities are to go into affected areas and assess the damage, talk to the churches in those areas and see of what assistance we can be. There may be times when "we" aren't here when you arrive to volunteer, please be assured that we will have people here that are experienced and will take over for the time we're gone.

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, the following is a letter telling of the wonderful way GOD works through this ministry.

Laura,

The woman you wrote about on the blog last week that met church members on the water front is Michelle. Those of us in the second group from Ohio met her at a house where we working during our stay. It was amazing how God worked that situation. She came into the house to take pictures of the house for her friend the home owner: insurance purposes I guess. Michelle asked where we were from and talked about meeting another group from Ohio the week before. It was amazing because it was our people: Doug, Nancy, Steve, Marge, etc. You can only imagine the emotion.

Before I arrived, Nancy called me repeatedly saying I had to meet Michelle. She never told me why: just that I would cry and I have to admit I’ve done my share. So, at Nancy “persistent” request, I made notes, writing down names and phone numbers of people I did not know or have “any clue” where to find them: not even the name of a town. To make a long story short, when we arrived in Mobile, you gave me work assignments and our group of 22 people hit the road early Monday morning headed for Pascagoula. I divided our people into three groups and assigned them to three sites. The next thing that happened floored me. After meeting Michelle as discussed in the first paragraph, she told me in detail about meeting our people the previous week. The amazement did not stop there. Within a few minutes, I realized one of our crews that I assigned earlier, before all this happened, was working on Michelle’s sister’s (Dennis) house. The next day, we met their parents (Carl and Jackie) and began working there. Remember the list of names Nancy called me about? Well, first on the list was Michelle, then her sister, followed by her parents. We also met Michelle’s brother Scott another very nice person. At the end of the week with the help of Michelle and her dad, the Church of Christ in Gautier was identified to distribute food and supplies to those in need in that area. Tell me God didn’t have a hand in all that! I stand in awe of our amazing God!

Dave

No comments: